CALL FOR PAPERS FOR AVAS ASM 2016 HAVE NOW CLOSED!
Our program will include scientific presentation and
debate of the highest level and will attract a wide variety of practitioners, researchers and educators with an interest in vascular access from across Australia and further afield. It represents an excellent forum for presentation of your research, innovations, quality initiatives, and case studies. We as the organisers strongly support this opportunity for you to share your knowledge and ideas with a wider audience.
To this end we will make every effort to include as many of the highest quality presentations that are accepted by the judging panels as is feasible within the program. There will be a number of prizes on offer for the best presentations within several categories.
We look forward to seeing your submissions and having you as part of our meeting. Brisbane is a great city to visit at any time of year and we are sure you will receive a warm welcome.
To be selected to present you are required to complete an abstract submission via the EasyChair link – https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=avasasm2016
Emailed or hard copy submissions will not be accepted.
Please submit your abstract by 5:00pm (AEST) on 1 December 2015.
– Submissions Open: 1 September 2015
– Submissions Close: 1 December 2015
– Acceptance Notified: 15 January 2016
Conditions of submitting an Abstract
All presenters must register to attend the Conference. Acceptance of abstracts into the program is contingent upon receipt of the registration fee. Notification of acceptance in December will give presenters the opportunity to take advantage of the early-bird registration rate.
Please read the guidelines below carefully. If you have any difficulties or queries regarding the submission process, please contact the Conference Secretariat by email – email@example.com
- Only Abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed.
- Abstracts must not exceed 250 words. Word count does not include title or address. All numbers are included in the word count. If your abstract is over 250 words it may not be accepted.
- Abstracts should not have been published in any English language medical or nursing peer reviewed journal, and in general should not have been presented at more than one meeting from which such publications arise. Studies with substantial changes in methodology and/or with substantial additional data may be submitted, presented and published a second time, but rewritten papers on the same study should not.
- Abstracts should be laid out as follows:
- Text should be single spaced throughout, in Arial 10 point font.
- Text should not contain sub-headings, underlines or bold type.
- Abstract Headings shall contain the following:
- Title in BLOCK CAPITALS throughout.
- Author(s) name(s) (title, first name, surname).
- Underline the surname of the lead/presenting author.
- Institution(s), state and country of origin.
- One line space prior to text commencement.
- Files uploads of abstracts accepted in .pdf or .docx format only. Uploads in other formats are not supported and you will not be able to complete the submission process.
- Abstracts shall contain brief but complete statements of:
The text should not contain statements alluding to results or conclusions not presented in the text; papers stating “will be discussed”, “will be described” or “will be presented” will be rejected.
- Abstracts should be written in the past tense, stating what was done, not what is being, should or will be done.
- Use only standard abbreviations (“Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts submitted to Biomedical Journals“). Non standard abbreviations should be kept to a minimum and defined in parentheses in the text. In general, no more than 2 non standard abbreviations should be used and should only be used to replace words appearing 4 times or more in the text. Use International System of Units except for pressure; use cmH2O or mmHg with kPa units in brackets (optional).
- Acknowledgment of supporting institutions may be made at the end of the text.
References are not to be included.
Abstracts received after the closure date will not be accepted.